Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Email from Sister

This was sent by my Sister the other night. I can't think of anything else to add except that I've taken names out as usual.

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: SISTER
To:
AUNT
Cc:
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:32 AM
Subject: Hello my darlings..

Hello,

Well, what can I say...

I saw dad last, on Wednesday evening, when mum was helping him to eat his tea. Once finished, mum went to wash her hands. and I saw his right eye was sticky, and the left, watery, so gently wiped them, and told him as with every visit, that I loved him. He looked straight through me, but I knew it was the cataracts that made him stare like that. Anyway, we stayed until dad fell asleep. Then I drove mum to pick her car up, and followed her back home. I had been able, thanks to badger, to visit dad, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday of this week.

Mum informed me that the doctors had decided to take dad off all his normal medication, except for the morphine patches. That was a shocker in itself, as I realised then and there, that dad would have a matter of days left. Thankfully, I didn't let mum know how I felt, but she probably had thought the same when she was told earlier that day.

Well, I Finally got to sleep about 3-30 the next morning, I woke up crying for some reason, and thankfully before the boys woke up... Didn't think much of it at the time, washed my face and got the boys up, and started doing the normal daily school morning routine. As the day progressed, Tears fell, on and off till the time I had to collect the boys... Time flew faster than I realised. So by the time badger got home from work and We'd fed the boys and ourselves, it was too late to visit dad. So I went to mum instead. When I arrived, Mum was on the telephone to Paul. Once she finished talking to Paul, She told me that he was going to try and visit dad after the 8pm closure time of the ward. I told mum about my strange tearful day.

I'm glad the nurses let Paul visit dad..... as I think he'd been busy earlier in the week to visit. Plus I think dad was waiting to say bye bye to Paul. As it was later that same evening that Dad passed away. Mum phoned me and said it was time, Paul kindly collected both of us. We missed dad by minutes, we went to his side & said our fair-wells, Thank goodness dad is now at peace. later we left the hospital and went back to mum's for a cuppa and group cuddles etc. When I got home, Badger was awake and sat with me; anyway- by one-o'clock , We decided to gently wake the boys and tell them the news.. Bless them they took it really well.. I've kept them up-to-date, throughout dad's illness. After about half an hour or so, we took the boys back to bed and gave them long cuddles. We gave them the option of staying home or going to school later that morning, and that they could give us their answer when they woke up.

Well, Paul went to bed at approx 2-30, and I chilled for about hour and a half.

When the boys woke, they decided to go to school as normal. bless them; and Paul phoned his work and took the day off. I was fine all day, couldn't talk to people that telephoned, but I was ok, picked the boys up after school, then decided to phone mum to see if she was ok or if she needed anything...

Alas mum wasn't there to answer, First time in ages... Yes the answering machine came on... I'd forgotten about that.... and yes I heard dad's voice talking to me, for the first time in three to four weeks... F###, I wasn't expecting that... managed to leave mum a message to call back when she was about. put the phone down, and just crumbled.... that was it the tears flowed...

Anyway Saturday was fine went ok, no tears, and none so far today, so fingers crossed I don't start when Terry arrives in approx half hours time.

So that's it for now my loves... will let you know anything when or if it occurs.

Will close now, as I've been waffling for long enough.

Love you all

Take care of yourselves

Love <>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: