Sunday, July 30, 2006

Time moves on...

It's been a while since Dad died and I've not been as vocal since as I was before. I don't know why that is the case - it just is. It is strange though. I mean, I was doing an update every week (at least) and haven't done for a few weeks. Best not dwell - I suppose some psycho-analyst will or could come up with a reason but I don't care.

Since Dad died on the 15th June we've all just kind of gotten on with life. Mum is continuing to bear up really - exceptionally - well. I'm really proud of the way she has carried on since Dad passed. I know that she knows that if she needs me or Sister for anything all she has to do is ask. Mum comes over for dinner most Sundays now and goes for Saturday dinner with Sister.

I haven't been to see her midweek as often as I did before Dad went - it doesn't seem necessary at the moment. The new job hasn't helped though - I've been to Prague and Dublin in the last two weeks. I've not got anything major planned for the next couple of weeks though.

The Probate Application still hangs over me a little. It's one of those things that needs to be done - MUST be done - and it will get done soon. I'll make a promise now -

It Will Be Done By The Weekend of 5th August

There. No breaking that promise eh!

It is funny though. I've managed to create gaps between my memory of Dad as he was when he was fit and healthy, my memory of him dying and dead in hospital and my life now. It's almost like compartmentalising it all but it SEEMS like a continuum... I don't know what that means either but it somehow seems correct. Let me think about that some more.

No comments: